A One-of-a-Kind Webinar Explaining Why the Government Sector Should Archive All Online and Social Media Content
The idea of “open government” and “open data” have become buzzwords over the past few years, but the intermingling of these two ideas has created real-life challenges for governmental entities that struggle with transparency in the digital world we live in today.
But despite the ever-changing nature surrounding the internet and social media today, one thing remains very certain: Content published on governmental social media and website content — just like any traditional public records — are subject to records requests and should always be treated as such.
Sign up for this on-demand webinar and we’ll do our best to explain why archiving this digital content is crucial, as well as address the following topics:
- Why web and social media archiving are crucial to open government
- Recordkeeping challenges associated with a governmental agency’s use of social media
- Legal requirements for online public records
- Common mistakes in preserving online records and how to avoid them
- Process and value of web archiving
- How current email archiving solutions can be used to archive social media content